Saturday 20 July 2013

The Ocean At The End Of The Lane By Neil Gaiman

I picked up this book out of the reason that I had heard a million good things about it so I decided to pick it up. I read the quotes inside of the book and thought I would see how I felt about it.

We are introduced to a man who visits a house and asks for Lettie who doesn't seem to be there because is still away. He receives some food from Old Mrs.Hempstock and goes to sit by the Ocean and then we follow his journey as a little boy which I won't spoil.

The story of his childhood is incredibly entertaining and creepy. He is a lonely little boy and he doesn't have many friends so he resorts to reading books instead. He feels like an outsider compared to his sister who is treated like an angel compared to him.

This story is one of the best stories I have read, it is not only imaginative but leaves a lasting effect of sadness and curiosity to the reader. This story is one you surely will never forget, no matter how you may try to shake the story from your brain, it will never go away, so if you pass this book, don't just walk by, take a step back and pick it up, it will not disappoint, I promise.
Great Job Neil :)

By Courtenay Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment