Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Madness Underneath Book Review

The Madness Underneath is the second book in the trilogy or maybe series of The Shades Of London books by Maureen Johnson. The Madness Underneath is the follow up to The Name Of The Star. Last time, we were left with an amazing ending but it wasn't one that I feel was completely satisfying but there was obviously a reason for that, that reason being that there was going to be another book. 

I found the book as I was out shopping about a month or two ago, I walked past Waterstones and saw it, I then stepped backwards and looked at it properly and it was indeed the next book in The Shades Of London series or trilogy.

Without giving too much away, we are faced with a character called Aurora or 'Rory' as most people call her. She is an american girl who arrives at an English Boarding School. While she stays there, she discovers a society that is full of people who aren't quite the normal people. They all have something in common. Rory gets involved with these people and discovers that she is one of them.

The Madness Underneath followed up from The Name Of The Star and I felt that the beginning was a great way to start from the ending of the first book. There were many good points to this book such as character development  climax and transition. There aren't really any bad points except the endings, they leave me instantly wanting the next book and I can't wait for the next one, so well done Maureen !

Courtenay Gray

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you follow my blog (http://bonjourperfection.blogspot.co.uk/) however I have had to sadly make a new blog (http://bonjour-perfection.blogspot.co.uk/) so if you would still like to follow me then please do on my new blog! Thank you so much!

    http://bonjour-perfection.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete