Monday 26 August 2013

A life full of music

Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Oasis etc. They are the bands that really got me in to music. That was when I was 8 or 9 years old. My dad decided he wanted to start playing the guitar and started listening to all of these bands and I didn't have an iPod then so I was forced to listen to them in the car and I started to really like the music. I am 16 now and I still listen to those bands everyday along with a load of other bands and artists. An artist I have been really liking ever since her album Born to die was advertised on the TV is Lana Del Rey. I remember when I first heard Born to die, It was winter of 2011 and I was sat on my bed and I heard a bit of the song on the advert and fell in love with the song. I bought the album on iTunes and listened to it over and over. I still do, along with her other album, or extended album Paradise.

Music is a big part of my life as blogging is. I love to write articles and listen to music. I find that music is a big part of everybody's life, it can vary, people like different genre's such as Classical, Classic Rock, Pop, Rap, R&B, the list goes on. I have been finding myself listening to a bit of classical lately, particularly Gothic pieces and Victorian period pieces. I just really love it. I take my iPod everywhere. 

I also find that music is a way of bonding with somebody. I find myself meeting new people and asking what music they like, as I did only this week with a girl I met at college enrolment day. Turns out we like the same music. I do think music is a big part of society and people turn to song lyrics as a way of listening to how they feel. Songwriting is a form of poetry, it's a form of art. 

Music has changed a lot through time, it always will but the older things are never forgotten. They are the foundations for music. Some music I like has a form of orchestration involved such as Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds which I am very fond of.

Music will never die out, it's always around and it will stay that way till the end of time.

Friedrich Nietzsche once said 'Without music, life would be a mistake'


No comments:

Post a Comment