Wednesday 6 November 2013

Little Favour Review

The Short film Little Favour came out at midnight on the 5th of November. I had pre-ordered this weeks before and was very excited to see it as my idol Benedict Cumberbatch is starring in it. 

It is indeed a short film of 22 minutes. The story follows a man called Wallace(Benedict Cumberbatch) and he has just come back from the army. His friend who saved his life in the army asks for a 'Little Favour' where the title comes from but the favour goes very wrong and Wallace is forced to fight for his life and another life. 

I don't want to spoil to much for people who have seen it but I watched it as soon as it was released which I stayed up for, sleep could wait ! I can safely say that it was amazing and full of action for a short 22 minute film. All of the actors did an amazing job. The film was produced by Adam Ackland and Benedict Cumberbatch I believe, they are the best of friends. The production company is called Sunny March and this is their first short film, and I hope the first of many.

This short film has an important message however as Benedict said in an interview, he said 'This film has a message about child soldiers, and 40% of child soldiers are girls'. I believe that when a film has a message as well, that makes it even more satisfying because it isn't just there for entertainment, it stands for something. The actors involved did a great job of establishing that and I really do hope to see more in the future. 

If you haven't seen it yet then go on to iTunes and purchase it because it is definitely worth the watch. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment