Tuesday 9 December 2014

Soundtrack To My Life

I recently watched a Youtube tag video by Lily Melrose. In the video, she collaborated with Zoe London. They created a tag called 'The Soundtrack To My life'.

This video fuelled my thoughts about how I have certain artists who narrate my life in a way. The artists being; Lana Del Rey, Paloma Faith, Fun. and Florence and The Machine.

I listen to these artists the most because they all have a similar style but also because I relate to the stories they are telling through their lyrics. 

I have also found, I listen to this one particular band the most during the winter time. The band is 'Fun'.

My favourite songs by Fun are: Stars, We are young, Carry On, Some Nights and Some Nights Intro.

It is a well known fact that when you are in a particularly sad mood, you take notice of the lyrics to song and generally then have a better understanding of what the artist is trying to say.

I love music, it's a real mood lifter.

I will do the tag in blog form which contain the same questions Zoe London and Lily Melrose penned.

Song you listen to when you're happy? Hey There Delilah by The Plain White T's

Song you listen to when you're sad? Born To Die by Lana Del Rey

What song will you have at your wedding? Cosmic Love by Florence And The Machine

What song do you dance around the house to? Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd (The Pulse version)

What song do you play in your headphones when you are out and about? Some Nights by Fun

Song you listen to when you are angry? Only Love Can Hurt Like This by Paloma Faith

Song you'd have at your funeral? Songbird by Eva Cassidy

Song that makes you lose your shit at a party? Sex on fire by Kings Of Leon

The Last Song you listened to? Cosmic Love 

Your karaoke song? Dancing Queen by Abba

What song do you work out/exercise to? Everybody's on the run by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Song with the most memories attached? Born To Die by Lana Del Rey

Song that makes you cry? Flying Without Wings by Westlife

Song you hate the most? What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction

Your favourite song of all time? Born To Die by Lana Del Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment