Monday 21 January 2013

The Name Of The Star Book Review

Hello Everyone, 

Due to the bad weather, my school is closed. So, I decided to do another book review for you all. The book I am going to review is 'The Name Of The Star' By Maureen Johnson.
I read this book last spring. I was looking for a book to read and at the weekend, I and my parents go to the city centre. I walked in to Waterstones and I started walking towards the Young Adult section. On my way there, these books caught my eye. These books were on offer for... '99p' ! What a bargain !

So, I didn't like the look of any of them apart from this one. The cover is so enticing. The girl especially being part of the sky over a graveyard, how enthralling. The last thing that caught my eye was the red writing which says 'Jack the Ripper returns'. 

I turned over the book to have a look at the blurb and was instantly hooked. I had to buy this book. I took it home and started reading. I believe that I read this book within a week.

This book was absolutely amazing, I loved it. Without giving to much away, I would say that it is about an American Girl who is sent to Boarding School in London. At the time, there is a killer around London who is replicating the famous Jack The Ripper. The girls at the boarding school are being stopped from going out but the main character Rory does not want to stop going out, maybe there's a certain reason why. Could she be hiding something so sinister that it could make all the people of London terrified? Well, buy it to find out, I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

See you all in my next blog post,
Courtenay :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment